Sew Over It, Marguerite Dress

It’s no secret that the Sew Over It line of patterns are a staple in my wardrobe – while I challenged the limits of this pattern by using a heavy canvas cotton instead of the fluid recommended fabrics – I’ve ended up with a really pretty make that I know I will get a lot of wear out of.

This fabric was gifted by Minerva in exchange for a blog post which you can read here. Given that there is quite a lengthly description of how I found the fabric and the challenges it presented when making this version of the Marguerite, I am going to keep this review short and to the point.

The shape is in the details of this dress – most of the shaping work is done by gathering, except for bust darts. I think I will actually make a more floaty version of the dress with a fluid viscose over the weekend.

The style of the dress also meant I didn’t need to make any modifications to the pattern. I usually have issues with the neckline and armholes, needing to take a inch or two out them, but the dolman sleeves are very forgiving. There is a little excess room on the top but I think this will work so much better with a finer fabric.

It is a versatile dress – as easily worn in winter (seen here on my walk on Sunday teamed with a cardigan and boots) as summer. This dress is going to get a lot of wear as there are so many colours in the print that it can be mixed and matched with a lot in my wardrobe.

1 comments on “Sew Over It, Marguerite Dress

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: